What to Expect When You Call SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties about Water Damage in Your Vandalia, MI Home:
In the instance that you acquire water damage in your Vandalia home, call SERVPRO of Cass & St. Joseph Counties. We are available to you 24/7 for your convenience and peace of mind. We understand that this is a stressful time for you. Your home has suffered a loss and you are scrambling to figure out what needs to be done. Do us a favor, stop and take a breather. Let us take it from here.
When you call to report your water damage, there are specific questions you will be asked concerning your mitigation emergency. These questions are important to have answered in order to properly care for your needs. You will be asked to provide your contact information and a description of the incident.
Other questions you may be asked:
- What is the source of damage?
- How many rooms are affected?
- Is there standing water?
- Is water and electricity available at the home?
This can help us determine what size crew and equipment we need to bring. We will be here with you every step of the way to help you through this process. Call SERVPRO of Cass & St. Joseph Counties today at (269) 273-8777.
The 4-1-1 on Tornadoes in Colon, MI
Tornadoes can strike at any time. Call SERVPRO of Cass & St. Joseph Counties for assistance at (269) 273-8777.
Here at SERVPRO of Cass & St. Joseph Counties, we are most well-known for our water mitigation expertise, along with our fire restoration services. However, our team specializes in so much more! In any given situation, we want to help people in any way that we can! After natural disasters, such as tornadoes, our team is always ready to jump into action.
The fact of the matter is this; we live in area that is at risk for tornadoes. It is important to us that you know how to prepare yourself for a disaster in order to ensure your family’s safety. Here are a few steps you can take to prepare yourself.
- Know the difference between a tornado watch and a tornado warning. A tornado watch means that severe weather conditions have the potential to produce a tornado. This means you should be prepped and ready in case of funnel formation. A tornado warning means that a tornado has been spotted or indicated on the system radar.
- Include your pets in your plan! Your pets need protection from harm as well. It can be helpful to have pet food and water available to them, as well as a blanket or toys to keep them calm and occupied.
- Have nonperishable foods and water in your place of shelter. In case, you need to stay sheltered for an extended period of time, you’ll want to have everything you might need handy.
- Have activities set aside for children. The need to shelter in place could last a while. Having activities for kids will keep them occupied.
In case of tornado:
- SEEK SHELTER IMMEDIATELY. Do not hesitate. Gather your family and head to the basement. If you do not have a basement, move to an interior room in the house and stay clear of windows.
- Be sure to cover your head. This will help protect you from debris that may be flying around.
- Do not leave your source of shelter. Tornadoes can be life threatening. Strong winds and flying debris is not something to play around with.
- Wait for the alert to be cleared before emerging from shelter. I’m sure you’ve heard the phrase, “its’s always calm before the storm.” Just because it doesn’t look or sound bad, does not mean it is safe.
In the event that your home is affected by a tornado, call SERVPRO of Cass & St. Joseph Counties at (269) 273-8777. We can make your home, “Like it never even happened.”
Fire Damage to Your Three Rivers, MI Business
When a fire strikes your Three Rivers, MI business call SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties! We make fire damage, "Like it never even happened."
When it comes to your business, there is no such thing as a small fire. Your business is how you earn your living. How you pay bills and feed your family. Any fire, no matter how minor, has an immediate impact on your business and therefore your income. That’s why SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties is standing by 24/7 ready to help get your business up and running again.
Until our team arrives, try to limit movement in the building to prevent soot particles from stirring and causing more damage. Rugs and other high traffic areas can be protected from further damage by covering them with clean towels. Do not attempt to clean affected areas yourself, as without proper equipment you could cause further damage.
Nobody plans to have a fire in their place of business. Unfortunately, these disasters occur unexpectedly. Let SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties make your life a little easier during this time. We are trained experts with state of the art equipment. Call us today at (269) 273-8777.
First Signs of Mold in Your Constantine, MI Home
SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties is here to help protect your home from pesky intruders like mold! Call us today at (269) 273-8777.
Mold can begin to sweep across your home in just 48-72 hours, after being introduced to a source of water or moisture. This pesky substance doesn’t require much to form. A slow leak, improperly vented bathroom, or unnoticed water damage all provide the perfect home for mold to setup camp.
There are a couple things you want to keep an eye out for if you believe you are at risk of encountering mold growth in your home. You may start to notice a funny smell in your home or certain area of your home. This smell often presents as a strong musty odor. Mold can also produce irritants and allergens that can cause other health effects.
If you suspect your Three Rivers, MI home has fallen victim to mold, call SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties today at (269) 273-8777. We make it, “Like it never even happened.”
Toilet Overflow in Your Vandalia, MI Home
Water damage is never fun. Let SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties help you through it. Call us today at (269) 273-8777.
You would be surprised how often it happens. A child flushes toys down the toilet. The mechanics of the toilet freeze up preventing it from being able to stop once filled. Maybe your husband decided to flush an entire bowl of noodles down the toilet, and now it’s overflowed and ran throughout the house. We’ve seen it before. Entire homes destroyed by a toilet that no one noticed running.
The fact of the matter is, these things happen. They happen, often without warning. SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties are here to help when these disasters occur. We understand that you do not want to see your home drowning in toilet water, we don’t either. That’s why we vow to be to your home within 4 hours of receiving your call. We make ourselves available to you 24/7. Weekend or holiday, it doesn’t matter. We are here for you!
When the toilet waters begin to rise in your home, you can count on us to be there. Give our team a call today at (269) 273-8777. We make water damage, “Like it never even happened.”
Smoke Damage in Your Burr Oak, MI Home
Smoke residue and odor can be difficult to remove. The experts at SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph are here to help!
A fire takes place approximately every 90 seconds, according to National Fire Statistics. No matter the size of the fire, smoke damage is inevitable in any case. Often, even a small fire can cause smoke damage throughout the entire home. It leaves your walls dusted with hard to remove smoke particles. The strong odor of charred belongs lingers in the air.
There’s no doubt, a fire is something you never want to encounter in your home. However, if and when you do, SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties is here to help. Our team is highly trained and equipped to handle any size disaster. We provide prompt and professional customer centered services. Here whenever you need us, day or night. Call SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties today, at (269) 273-8777.
Drinking Fountain Floods Local Sturgis, MI Business
SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties are available to you 24/7, rain or snow. Call us today!
Sure, you’ve heard of broken pipes and leaky roofs causing severe water damage. Who hasn’t? We bet you never thought your Sturgis, MI business could be flooded by a leaky drinking fountain. However, if left undetected you could very well come back from a long holiday weekend to find your business swimming in devastation.
These things happen, and when they do SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties is here to help. We are experts in water damage. We possess top of the line equipment to restore your business in no time, allowing you to avoid any further impairment in the day to day operations of your business.
If you come across water damage in your business, don’t wait. Call the professionals at SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties today at (269) 273-8777.
Avoid Water Damage in Your Marcellus, MI Home with These Easy Tips
If water damage occurs in your home, call the professionals at SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties to help!
You can’t always avoid water damage to your home, as these cases often occur unexpectedly. However there are some steps you can take to protect your home and help to prevent water damage from occurring.
Regular maintenance is important in protecting your home from unwanted disaster. We have put together a few key items to check and be on the lookout for.
- The water supply lines on any appliances such as a refrigerator or dishwasher should be inspected annually. Any lines with bulges or kinks that will not straighten out should be replaced.
- Check under sinks throughout the home annually for any leaks or moisture buildup around joining pipes.
- Keep an eye on ceilings after heavy rains. Water spots or spongy areas may indicate a leaky roof.
If you notice any signs of possible water damage call the experts of SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties at (269) 273-8777. We make water damage, “Like it never even happened.”
Don’t Let Your Sturgis, MI Holiday Feast Go Up In Flames
Don't hesitate. Call SERVPRO of Cass & St. Joseph Counties today at (269) 273-8777
The holiday season is fast approaching and before you know it, the kitchen will be chaos. The holiday season is often celebrated with baked goods, stovetop indulgences, and maybe even a deep fried turkey. Often times, your making several dishes at once. It can be all too easy to forget or miss something potentially harmful. Here at SERVPRO of Cass & St. Joseph Counties, we see it all too often. Deep fried turkey gone wrong, missed towel on the stove, oven malfunctions, you name it we’ve seen it.
Here are some tips to keep your Sturgis, MI home safe during this celebration season:
- Always stay aware of your surroundings. We know your kitchen can get hectic, but staying alert can keep holiday mishaps at bay.
- Keep long hair tied back and avoid loose clothing during cooking.
- Never leave cooking station unattended. It may only take turning your back for a minute for a fire to occur.
- Be cautious when cooking greasy foods. Be sure to use fresh oil and to have the heat turned down.
- Never EVER put metal in the microwave.
In the unfortunate circumstance that your home falls victim to one of these catastrophes, call SERVPRO of Cass & St. Joseph Counties immediately. We may be reached at (269) 273-8777, day or night, even on holidays. Don’t hesitate to call!
Marcellus Residents Fight Back Against Mold:
When mold strikes your Marcellus, MI home, call SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties at (269) 273-8777.
With winter right around the corner, the last thing Marcellus residents want to worry about this holiday season is mold in their homes. When mold intrudes on your home, it may cause health effects. It is important to stay clear of areas that you believe to be infested with mold.
Don’t worry; there are some things you can do to help protect your home from the invasion of this pesky intruder.
- Ensure your home has proper drainage directed away from the structure. An improper drainage system could cause a buildup of water and moisture in or around your home. This can provide an ideal environment for mold growth.
- Regularly inspect plumbing and appliances for leaks and/or a buildup of moisture. Again, this kind of buildup is seen by mold as the perfect environment to setup shop.
- Keep up on house maintenance. A leaky roof can quickly turn into water damage and mold growth if not taken care of promptly. Be sure to regularly inspect the roof and windows of your home for any leaks.
- Install proper ventilation in bathrooms, laundry rooms, and cooking areas. Humidity from the shower or cooking over the stove could create enough moisture for microbial growth.
- Respond to all water intrusions immediately. We cannot stress enough, the importance of a quick response in regards to water damage. Water damage can result in visible mold growth in as little as 24 to 48 hours, if not properly mitigated.
- Last but certainly not least, call SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties, after a water damage or if you suspect mold growth. We are here to help keep your home safe day or night. Whatever it takes to make it, your home safe once more.
Don’t let mold overrun your home, call SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties today at (269) 273-8777. Let us make it, “Like it never even happened.”