What to do once the smoke has cleared in your Cassopolis, MI Home
Call SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties once the smoke has cleared. We'll make it "Like it never even happened."
When a fire occurs in your home, it can be scary. Here at SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties, we understand that you are worried about your home and your belongings. Our goal of providing you with these tips is to help assist you in taking the proper action until SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties arrives. Follow these Do’s and Don’ts to help reduce damages to your home and help increase the chances of a successful restoration.
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into carpets or upholstery, as well as avoiding tracking soot from room to room.
- Keep your hands clean! Soot on your hands can further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- If electricity is off, empty your freezer(s) and refrigerator completely and prop doors open to help prevent odors.
- Wipe soot from metal kitchen and bathroom faucets, trim and appliances.
- Don’t attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces without first contacting and/or consulting with your SERVPRO Franchise Professional.
- Don’t attempt to shampoo any carpets, rugs, or upholstered furniture without first contacting and/or consulting with your SERVPRO Franchise Professional.
- Don’t attempt to clean any electrical appliances (TV sets, radios, etc.) that may have been impacted by heat, fire, or water without first consulting with an authorized repair service.
Cass and St. Joseph 24 Hour Emergency Water Damage Services
Poseidon in Greek Mythology symbolized the destructive nature of water.
Water Damage in your home is no joking matter. Did you know we have certified technicians and specialists who help remediate all different types of water damage?
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help!!
Call Today - (269)-273-8777
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this tough time. SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph County has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration-in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooring or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph County
SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Out staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO's corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Meet Our Crew
Emergency Water Damage Tips for your Sturgis, MI Home
Call SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties after the leak has been stopped.
When a water damage occurs, it can be scary! Our goal of providing you with these tips is to help assist you in taking the proper action until SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties arrives. Follow these Do’s and Don’ts to help reduce damages to your home and help increase the chances of a successful restoration.
- Shut off the water source if possible or contact a qualified party to stop the water source.
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building when access to the power distribution panel is dry and safe from electrical shock.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting with towels.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Move any paintings, art objects, computers or other technology, documents and any other sensitive valuables to a dry place.
- Don’t enter affected areas if you know that electrical outlets, switches, circuit breakers or electrical equipment are exposed to water or if you aren’t sure. Always avoid electrical shock hazards.
- Don’t use your household vacuum cleaner to remove water; this could cause electrical shock and/or damage the vacuum cleaner.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures (i.e., lights, fans, or anything else connected to the ceiling) if the ceiling is wet.
- Don’t enter rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water as it could cause danger to you.
Tips to Prepare Your Vandalia, MI Home for Winter
Before winter hits, allow these tips from SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties help you prepare!
When you live in Michigan, you know that winters can be interesting. Besides the constant cold temperatures, we also often get lake-effect snow, which is dense, heavy, moisture-ridden snow and often causes limbs of trees to break! With that being said, we have some tips to help prepare your home for winter weather.
- Keep cabinet doors open during cold spells, as this allows warm air from inside to circulate around your pipes.
- Keep a slow trickle of water flowing through faucets, especially if the faucets or pipes run through uninsulated areas of the home. This can help prevent them from freezing and bursting.
- Consider shutting off outdoor faucets. Find the shut-off valve in the basement or crawl space and turn it to “OFF”.
- If you follow the previous step, then open the outdoor faucet to help ensure it drains completely and the inner valve is shut off.
- Ensure that your gutters are clean and secure. Leaves and debris accumulate, creating pressure and the opportunity for water to get stuck and freeze in places it shouldn’t be.
- Be sure to properly maintain your furnace to help reduce the risk of it breaking down in the middle of winter, as well as reducing the risk of puffbacks.
SERVPRO cleans the highway
Mr. Mac Averitt cleans the highway and stops by to visit the goats!
SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph counties participated in the MDOT Adopt-a-Highway program last Thursday in Cassopolis, Michigan. What a great way to spend the afternoon helping out the community. Big thank you to all the staff that came out and participated in the clean-up. We collected nine bags of trash along two miles of Michigan's scenic M-60 highway that we professionally adopted to keep clean and funky fresh. It was a beautiful sunny day walking alongside an ancient cemetery, goats, and solar panels, all highlights on this stretch of highway, as we served our community. We are proud to be a part of this program and look forward to Spring 2022 cleanup.
As always, our team is here for you every step of the way. If an emergency occurs in your business or home, call SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph at (269) 342-2366 and we will make it “Like it never even happened.”
Small Fires Can Still Cause Big Damages in Your Dowagiac, MI Home
Call SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties to clean up the aftermath of your house fire.
A backdraft of emotions often sweeps over homeowners after a fire ravages through their home. Fear, uncertainty, stress and doubt about the future of their home can overwhelm the homeowner long after the flames have been extinguished and the smoke has cleared.
The first 48 hours after a fire damage has occurred can make the difference between restoring and replacing your property and personal belongings. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals can help prevent fire damage from causing long-term problems. SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties will provide timely response with mitigation services ranging from fire, smoke and soot removal to contents claims inventory and carpet cleaning. These services help ensure that your property, belongings and memories are restored to preloss condition when possible.
So, after the first wave of heroes has saved your property, let SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties help you restore it. With the industry-approved training to employ rapid response, the utmost professionalism, cutting-edge technology and open communication we strive to restore not only the home, but the customer’s peace of mind as well.
Water Damage Doesn’t Have to be Devastating in Your Colon, MI Home
Call SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties if you encounter water damage. We'll make it "Like it never even happened."
Whether your home has suffered a flood or has a leaky pipe, SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties can help. When a damage affects your home, you want it to be restored as soon as possible. The first 24 hours after a water incident are the vital to ensuring that secondary damage or permanent damage does not occur. Within four hours of a loss notification, a SERVPRO Franchise Professional will be on site to help ensure a that the water damage is handled by completing the following steps.
Inspection: SERVPRO Franchise Professionals will inspect affected areas to determine the extent of water damage and will review the inspection with you to answer any questions or address any concerns you have before beginning any work.
Emergency Services: SERVPRO Franchise Professionals will take steps to help protect your home or business, as well as personal belongings and other contents, from further damage by extracting excess water and prepare the area for drying. They will explain the needed emergency services to you step-by-step.
Monitoring: To help ensure your home and belongings are dried to appropriate industry standards, a SERVPRO Franchise Professional will monitor the drying process. The updates will be constantly communicated to you and explained.
Restoration Services: SERVPRO Franchise Professionals will repair structural materials, reinstall carpets, and clean affected areas of your property and belongings. A final walk-through of the jobsite will be conducted with you to ensure the property was returned to preloss condition.
Don’t let water damage be devastating. Call SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties to make it “Like it never even happened.”
Flash Flooding at Your Three Rivers, MI Home
If you experience a flash flood, call SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties. We'll make it "Like it never even happened."
You may find that your home is suffering from water damage after a major storm has passed through your town. Water damage can be tough to clean up or repair. There are steps you can take right away to start on the repairs, but you’ll also want to hire a certified professional to help you. For instance, floods or storm surges which are contaminated may contain pathogens, which become a breeding ground for mold. If they are left to fester, mold spores will spread throughout your home, becoming even harder to remove; they may cause health effects to you and your family. After a water damage occurs, it can be difficult to detect moisture, making your home very susceptible to water damage. Any standing liquids can encourage the growth of microbes, and within just twenty-four hours can saturate all types of textiles and go through drywall. Moisture can collect behind walls where it would be out of sight. However, if you react quickly, furniture and clothing can be saved. After professionals arrive, they will look for any pockets of moisture with specialized equipment, such as behind tile or other materials which might not feel wet on the outside. The technicians will expose these moisture pockets to the air when found by taking off any drywall or other materials that are in the way. The cleanup process can begin once the source of moisture is found.
When a storm occurs in Three Rivers and your home is flash-flooded, be sure to call SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties to make your water damages “Like it never even happened.”
Don’t Let Soot Settle in Your Sumnerville, MI Home
SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties is here to make fire damage "Like it never even happened."
The time to act on fire damage restoration is unfortunately right after the disaster happens. At the time of the devastating incident, many people are not in the right state of mind to act quickly and get the area cleaned up and restored. This is where companies, such as SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties, come into play and help take care of the damage that has been done. According to the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification, delays in fire damage clean up can have serious consequences. Acidic soot residue can cause permanent damage to areas of the household over time.
Within minutes of the fire being extinguished: The residue can cause a discoloration to materials such as, plastic, marble and alabaster.
Within hours: The acidic soot residue can cause permanent discoloration or yellowing of furniture in the household, such as bath fixtures, countertops and unpolished metals.
Within days: Walls and flooring can start to be affected. The soot will cause discoloration of walls and corrosion of metals throughout the home. Flooring that is made out of vinyl or wood must be replaced or refinished and any clothing or upholstery will most likely be permanently stained.
Within weeks: Carpet can become unsalvageable and objects such as silver-plated fixtures, glass, crystal or china will become etched due to the long exposure to the residue.
SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties has the equipment to help save you hundreds of dollars in valuables and time to get the job done effectively and efficiently. With the proper tools, there is more chance for the removal of stains, damage and odor removal to take, leaving you with less of a headache and salvaged items. When a fire occurs in your Sumnerville home, call SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties. We’ll help make the damage “Like it never even happened.”
Broken Water Pipe in Your Vandalia, MI Home
If you experience a leak, call SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties. We make water damage "Like it never even happened."
When the kitchen sink water pipe breaks and leaks all day, you may come home to a kitchen full of water and water damage where you can’t see. SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties will be there quickly to assess the damages and begin mitigation services. We have some recommendations of what to do and what not to do in the instance that there is standing clean water in your home:
- Shut off the source of water if possible or contact a qualified party to stop the water source.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of your home, ONLY if access to the power distribution panel is safe from electrical shock.
- Enter rooms with standing water where electrical shock hazards may exist.
- Enter affected areas if electrical outlets, switches, circuit breakers or electrical equipment are exposed to water. Always avoid electrical shock hazards.
- Use your household vacuum cleaner to attempt to remove water, as it could possibly cause electrical shock or damage to the vacuum cleaner.
Be sure to call SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties after the leak has been stopped. We’ll help make the water damage “Like it never even happened.”