Recent Mold Remediation Posts
Fighting Mold in Your Edwardsburg, MI Home
This is the perfect example of how mold can grow unnoticed behind wet drywall. If you suspect water damage call SERVPRO of Cass & St. Joseph Counties!
If you look hard enough, all homes have mold in one place or another. The truth is not all mold is harmful. However, you can never be too careful.
Having the mold in your home tested is the first step to remediation. This provides us with the information we need to determine what kind mold is being dealt with. From there we can develop the best plan of action to remediate the mold.
In the meantime, it is imperative to not disturb the mold, as this can cause it to spread to other areas of your home. If you can, it is best to block off that area of your home to prevent such from happening. If possible, it is suggested you turn off the HVAC system or any fans in your home to prevent disturbance.
Last but certainly not least, call the professionals at SERVPRO of Cass & St. Joseph Counties at the first sign of mold in your home. We have the protective gear, specialized equipment, and the expertise to take care of any mold problem. Call us today at (269) 273-8777.
Union, MI Residents Vs. Mold
SERVPRO of Cass & St. Joseph Counties can terminate the mold in your home with out a problem! Call us today at (269) 273-8777.
It does not take long for mold to begin thriving in your Union, MI home. Mold thrives on moisture. Within as little as 48 hours of being introduced to water, mold can begin to grow. Even a lower than normal humidity can facilitate mold growth. Before beginning the remediation process, it is key to address any form of moisture in your home to prevent the mold from spreading further. It is recommended that moisture levels be kept below 45 percent.
You do not want to disturb the mold as these microscopic particles can travel through the air or even use the family pet as means of transportation. There is no limit to what these pesky particles will go through to colonize. That’s why it is so important to seek professional help when dealing with mold.
The experts at SERVPRO of Cass & St. Joseph Counties are specially trained in mold remediation. They have the technique and equipment to wipe out the mold residing in your home for good. You may even say it’s “Like it never even happened.” Call (269) 273-8777 today!
Understanding Mold in Your Union, MI Home
Mold comes in many different shapes and colors. They are all alarming. Call (269) 273-8777 if you suspect you have mold in your home.
Most people have heard of the dangers surrounding black mold, also known as Stachybotrys chartarum. The warnings provided by news, along with information you may find on the internet can be startling. Homeowners are often left baffled. The truth is, is any mold in your home should be approached with caution.
If you come across mold in your home, contact SERVPRO of Cass & St. Joseph Counties immediately. There are various types of mold that can occur in homes, presenting in a variety of colors. All should be taken seriously. We can help get the mold tested to determine the exact type of mold presenting. This testing will also provide us with a spore count to determine how extensive the problem may be. From there we can determine what the best course for remediation will be.
You can count on us to be by your side every step of the way. We are here to make your mold trouble, “Like it never even happened.” Call SERVPRO of Cass & St. Joseph Counties today at (269) 273-8777.
Vandalia, MI Resident Stumbles Upon Mold After Flood
We take care of your mold so you don't have to worry! Call SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties at (269) 273-8777.
Imagine coming home to find your house swimming in standing water. Then, discovering you have a mold infestation on top of that. Unfortunately, we see this more frequently than we’d like. All it takes is one small leak to go unnoticed. A lot of the times homeowners don’t discover the presence of mold until a bigger incident occurs.
Mold can hide in unexposed areas of your home, such as behind walls or under flooring. Mold can appear within just 48-72 short hours after being introduced to water or moisture. It grows rapidly and does not require much in order to survive. A small bit of water can provide enough for mold to thrive on and rapidly turn into colonies throughout the home.
When you discover mold in your home, call the professional team at SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties at (269) 273-8777. We are certified in mold remediation and can return your home to prime condition “Like it never even happened.”
First Signs of Mold in Your Constantine, MI Home
SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties is here to help protect your home from pesky intruders like mold! Call us today at (269) 273-8777.
Mold can begin to sweep across your home in just 48-72 hours, after being introduced to a source of water or moisture. This pesky substance doesn’t require much to form. A slow leak, improperly vented bathroom, or unnoticed water damage all provide the perfect home for mold to setup camp.
There are a couple things you want to keep an eye out for if you believe you are at risk of encountering mold growth in your home. You may start to notice a funny smell in your home or certain area of your home. This smell often presents as a strong musty odor. Mold can also produce irritants and allergens that can cause other health effects.
If you suspect your Three Rivers, MI home has fallen victim to mold, call SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties today at (269) 273-8777. We make it, “Like it never even happened.”
Marcellus Residents Fight Back Against Mold:
When mold strikes your Marcellus, MI home, call SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties at (269) 273-8777.
With winter right around the corner, the last thing Marcellus residents want to worry about this holiday season is mold in their homes. When mold intrudes on your home, it may cause health effects. It is important to stay clear of areas that you believe to be infested with mold.
Don’t worry; there are some things you can do to help protect your home from the invasion of this pesky intruder.
- Ensure your home has proper drainage directed away from the structure. An improper drainage system could cause a buildup of water and moisture in or around your home. This can provide an ideal environment for mold growth.
- Regularly inspect plumbing and appliances for leaks and/or a buildup of moisture. Again, this kind of buildup is seen by mold as the perfect environment to setup shop.
- Keep up on house maintenance. A leaky roof can quickly turn into water damage and mold growth if not taken care of promptly. Be sure to regularly inspect the roof and windows of your home for any leaks.
- Install proper ventilation in bathrooms, laundry rooms, and cooking areas. Humidity from the shower or cooking over the stove could create enough moisture for microbial growth.
- Respond to all water intrusions immediately. We cannot stress enough, the importance of a quick response in regards to water damage. Water damage can result in visible mold growth in as little as 24 to 48 hours, if not properly mitigated.
- Last but certainly not least, call SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties, after a water damage or if you suspect mold growth. We are here to help keep your home safe day or night. Whatever it takes to make it, your home safe once more.
Don’t let mold overrun your home, call SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties today at (269) 273-8777. Let us make it, “Like it never even happened.”
The Down and Dirty About Mold in Your Centreville, MI Home
Pictured is one of our air scrubbers, used to help clean the air when mold is present.
What can endure harsh environments, gives off a musty odor, and consumes protein like it’s going out of style? If you guessed mold, you guessed right! Mold is more than just an unsightly wall decal, it’s a living substance. When going to combat with these pesky intruders, it is vital to have the professionals on your side.
Mold spores are stealthy; they are not visible to the naked eye. They are bottom feeders. Mold can live off of anything from animal dander to drywall, and anything in between. They spread rapidly. Mold is not finicky; it can grow just about anywhere.
Our experts at SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties are trained in the art of mold annihilation. We have the specialized tools and equipment to strike fear into any mold that dared to enter your home. By the time we’re finished with it, one might say it’s “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at (269) 273-8777!
Mold Mitigation Services in Colon, Michigan
There's a lot of things you want to grow in your business, but mold isn't one of them!
Buildings with excessive moisture can be breeding grounds for mold growth. If your facility has experienced an ongoing moisture problem due to water intrusion, long-standing leaks, roof damage or from poor humidity control, it is important to be alert to the following factors:
- The presence of visible mold
- Strong musty odors which may indicate mold is present
- Any evidence of past moisture problems that might indicate previous mold growth
- Excessive humidity
Should mold be found within the facility, mold removal and remediation can help eliminate a potentially dangerous situation. SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties arrives on-site alert for any visible signs of mold. Following industry standards for mold remediation, we will work to remove visible mold and reduce the potential for future mold growth. Call us today at (269) 273-8777!
Detecting Mold in Your Mendon, Michigan Home
No Matter The Distance, SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties is "Faster To Any Disaster."
Mold- like any other hazardous material can potentially be dangerous if not handles properly. A minor mold problem can quickly become a major infestation if left untreated. Being aware of these signs of mold growth can significantly lessen the damage of the mold and reduce remediation cost:
- Smell- Outdoor mold can smell stale, but indoor mold often smells musty and damp.
- Past Flooding- Flooding that left materials, such as drywall, wet for more than 24 hours can cause mold growth.
- Humidity- High humidity can lead to condensation and water accumulation. Humidity levels above 45% can cause mold growth.
- Water leaks- If a leak is undetected for a long time, it is very likely to cause mold growth.
- Blocked gutters- Blocked gutters can be a sign of indoor moisture problems, because the water can seep into the walls or the foundation.
- Poor ventilation- Ventilation helps to dry out moisture. A lack of ventilation allows moisture to remain much longer.
- Dust- A dirty or dusty home is more likely to have mold. Mold grows on dust. Dust can also transport mold spores around the home.
Signs of mold? Call SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties at (269) 273-8777 and we'll make it "Like it never even happened."
Mold Damage Emergency Tips For Cass and St. Joseph Counties
Got Mold? Call SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties Today at 269-273-8777
In as little as 48 hours, mold can quickly become a problem in your home or business when there’s a water intrusion, like a roof leak or leaking water line. Mold can cause health effects and can also cause significant damage to your property. SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties has the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to handle your mold problem.
WHAT YOU CAN DO UNTIL HELP ARRIVES:
- Stay away from affected area
- Turn off the HVAC system and any fans
- Contact SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties at (269) 273-8777
WHAT NOT TO DO:
- Do not touch or disturb the mold
- Do not blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth
- Do not attempt to dry the area without professional help
- Do not spray bleach or other disinfectants on affected area
Mold damage cleanup in Edwardsburg, Michigan
This mold was caused due to an undetected water damage.
If you're questioning how to remove mold in your Edwardsburg, Michigan home, your first answer is call SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties at 269-273-8777.
SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties handles water damages every day and know prompt action is required to prevent mold. Mold is more likely to spread when an environment has been subject to moisture for a long period of time. If your property has sustained a recent water damage, it is vital to remove excess water and dry the structure promptly. If there is an ongoing moisture problem in the building, it is important to be alert for:
- The presence of visible mold
- Strong musty odors which may indicate mold is present
- Any evidence of past moisture problems that might have caused undetected mold growth
- Excessive humidity
If you think you have a mold damage problem, call SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties at 269-273-8777 and we'll make it "Like it never even happened."
Mold Damage Cleanup at your Cassopolis, MI home
This Cassopolis, MI homeowner came home to a water damage and found mold growing on the walls of their home.
Did you just celebrate the holidays? Are you checking on your lake house for the first time in the new year? If you are one of the unfortunate homeowners whose pipes froze at their lake house over the holidays and you came home to mold growing throughout your home, don't stress call the pros at SERVPRO of Cass & St. Joseph Counties to help clean up your mold infestation. SERVPRO of Cass & St. Joseph Counties has the properly trained and certified technicians ready to help clean your lake home in Cassopolis, MI. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year. No matter how large of a mess, SERVPRO of Cass & St. Joseph Counties is here to make it "Like it never even happened."
Don't Let Mold Be a Worry
Don't let this happen to your drywall!
Building a new home? Why not make it mold resistant! You can start by using mold resistant building products. For example, you can use drywall that’s made with fiberglass instead of paper facing. Other construction materials could include:
- Paint treated with a registered fungicide to resist mold growth on painted surfaces
- Wood treated with anti-mold chemicals
- Using caulk and trim impervious to mold
There are other things to consider when trying to keep mold away from your new home.
- Make sure to install gutters that take the water away from your home
- Keep building materials dry during the building process
- Equip the HVAC system with a filter or electronic air cleaner for catching airborne mold spores.
Although mold is almost everywhere and there is no way to completely inhibit its growth in your home, you can take preventative measures! For more tips on creating a more mold resistant home visit the mother nature network. If you do see signs of mold, let us help! SERVPRO of Cass & St. Joseph Counties has the training and expertise to remediate the mold in your home or business.
Keep Mold Out of Your Home This Winter
There are many signs of moisture being brought into your home in the winter. With condensation on the windows, or family tracking snow inside, keeping your home dry in the winter can be challenging. Prevention is one of the best solutions when it comes to keeping your home free of mold.
- Check seals around doors and windows.
- Insulate pipes to prevent cracks that can allow water or moisture to get inside the house.
- Inspect crawl spaces and basements for moisture.
- Remove excess moisture in the air by placing dehumidifiers in the basement.
- Check for damaged siding or shingles.
Do you see signs of mold? No problem! When you have a water or mold damage issue, SERVPRO of Cass & St. Joseph Counties is already nearby and ready to help.
Is There Mold Hiding in your Cassopolis, MI Home?
Mold was found after removing the cupboards off the wall. Remember a strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold in your Cassopolis home.
When there is water there’s a way… meaning when you add just a little bit of moisture mold spores can form and grow. Here are a few tricky places people don’t typically think of when checking for mold.
- Chimneys have the ability to grow mold because the crevices of the brick collect water and other dirt particles.
- Refrigerator drip pans are constantly collecting moisture and food spills from the refrigerator making it a great environment for mold growth.
- Front loading washing machines are a susceptible place for mold growth because the door usually gets wet quite often. The door never gets a chance to dry out because it usually gets closed when not in use creating a great moist environment for mold to grow.
- Air conditioners that sit for a while without being used have a good chance of mold growth. Air conditioners tend to draw in dust particles from the outside. The dust particles mixed with the condensation makes a perfect environment for mold spores to start.
If you find mold in any of these places, don’t worry, we are here to help! SERVPRO of Cass & St. Joseph Counties has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle your mold problem.
Control Moisture to Reduce Mold in your Niles Home
SERVPRO of Cass & St. Joseph Counties has the protective gear, training, and specialized equipment necessary to handle your mold infestation.
Different types of mold can cause allergens and irritants. In most cases there are multiple different types of mold growing in the same structure. You should treat any mold infestation with caution regardless of it's color or type. Most molds can grow quickly if they have a source or water, source of organic food, or correct temperatures (between 60 and 86 degrees fahrenheit). Here are some ways you can reduce mold by controlling moisture in your home.
- Remove standing water under cooking coils or air handling units.
- Use exhaust fans in bathrooms, kitchens, and laundry rooms.
- Move large objects away from the walls to provide good air circulation.
- Correct any water leaks or standing water.
- Replace washing machine hoses with steel mesh lines.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (269) 273-8777
Creating a Healthy Environment for your Sister Lakes Home
Mold can grow on any surface. Let SERVPRO of Cass & St. Joseph Counties make your home happy and healthy again.
Healthy Home Checklist
- Do you smoke in your home?
- Do your kitchen, bathroom, and laundry room have adequate ventilation and exhaust fans?
- Do you change your air filters once a month?
- When cleaning or doing laundry, do you use bleach, ammonia or aerosol spray cans?
- Is your gas fireplace and/or gas stove checked yearly for emissions?
- Was your home built before 1978? If so, has it been checked for lead-based paint?
- Do your bathrooms have carpet?
Causes of Indoor Air Pollution
- Biological contaminants such as mold, dust mites, viruses and pet dander.
- Tobacco smoke
- Volatile organic compounds including household cleaning products, pesticides and aerosol propellants.
SERVPRO of Cass & St. Joseph Counties knows how important it is to keep your home healthy and happy. We provide you with free written inspections and estimates to save you time and money. Our professionals can eliminate any embarrassing offensive odors in your home. Identifying and eliminating odors can be a tricky thing, so give us a call at (269) 273-8777, and leave the restoration to us.
Mold Remediation Process for your Cass & St. Joseph County Business
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same.
The Mold Remediation Process
1. Emergency Contact - (269) 273-8777
The mold cleanup and restoration process begins when you call us. Our representative will ask a series of questions to help us determine the necessary equipment, resources, and personnel.
2. Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
We carefully inspect your property for visible signs of mold. Mold feeds on cellulose and water and can be hidden from plain view. We use various technologies to detect mold and hidden water sources.
3. Mold Containment
Our professionals use various containment procedures to prevent the spread of mold. All fans and heating and cooling systems will be turned off to prevent the spread of mold.
4. Air Filtration
Our specialized filtration equipment allows our Professionals to capture microscopic mold spores out of the air.
5. Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
The mold remediation process depends on the amount of mold growth and the types of surfaces on which the mold appears. We’ll use antifungal and antimicrobial treatments to eliminate mold colonies and to help prevent new colonies from forming.
6. Cleaning Contents and Belongings
We clean your furniture, decorative items, curtains, clothing, and other restorable items affected by mold.
The restoration step gets your home or business back to normal.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call SERVPRO of Cass & St. Joseph Counties Today – (269-273-8777)
Does Your Cass & St. Joseph County Home Have A Mold Problem?
In Cass & St. Joseph Counties, mold can spread through a home in as little as 48 hours.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (269-273-8777)
Mold Tips for Residents of Cass and St. Joseph Counties
This commercial property became infested with mold within three days.
Any home or commercial property can quickly become infested with mold if a source of water is present. Mold can spread throughout a property in as little as 48 hours. Since mold can produce allergens and irritants, you should call us to inspect your Three Rivers home if you suspect you have a mold problem. If mold is found, we have the training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Cass & St. Joseph Counties for mold remediation services at (269) 273-8777
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Cass & St. Joseph Counties has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
Mold in basement in Three Rivers, MI
Mold on paneling due to water damage
This homeowner had a water damage in his basement that he didn't realize had happened. He went down to check on why he didn't have any hot water to find that his water heater had a leak in it. Mold can grow in just a few short days if not properly taken care of and dried properly. SERVPRO of Cass & St. Joseph Counties was there within hours of the initial phone call to inspect the loss and get a protocol together to remediate the mold properly. Mold - like any hazardous material can be dangerous if not taken care of in the proper way. For all of your mold remediation needs be sure to call SERVPRO of Cass & St. Joseph Counties. We have certified technicians to help with any mold remediation project.