What to do after a house fire in Edwardsburg, MI
SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties is always there to help make it "Like it never even happened." Listed below are some of the things you can do to help until SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties arrives:
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from spreading and additional damage from occurring.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs and high traffic areas and upholstery.
- Coat chrome faucets, trim and appliances with petroleum jelly or oil.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpet.
- Do not wash any walls or painted surfaces.
- Do not clean any electrical equipment.
- Do not shampoo carpet or upholstery.
- Do not send clothing to a dry cleaner since improper cleaning may set smoke odor.