Marcellus Residents Fight Back Against Mold:
With winter right around the corner, the last thing Marcellus residents want to worry about this holiday season is mold in their homes. When mold intrudes on your home, it may cause health effects. It is important to stay clear of areas that you believe to be infested with mold.
Don’t worry; there are some things you can do to help protect your home from the invasion of this pesky intruder.
- Ensure your home has proper drainage directed away from the structure. An improper drainage system could cause a buildup of water and moisture in or around your home. This can provide an ideal environment for mold growth.
- Regularly inspect plumbing and appliances for leaks and/or a buildup of moisture. Again, this kind of buildup is seen by mold as the perfect environment to setup shop.
- Keep up on house maintenance. A leaky roof can quickly turn into water damage and mold growth if not taken care of promptly. Be sure to regularly inspect the roof and windows of your home for any leaks.
- Install proper ventilation in bathrooms, laundry rooms, and cooking areas. Humidity from the shower or cooking over the stove could create enough moisture for microbial growth.
- Respond to all water intrusions immediately. We cannot stress enough, the importance of a quick response in regards to water damage. Water damage can result in visible mold growth in as little as 24 to 48 hours, if not properly mitigated.
- Last but certainly not least, call SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties, after a water damage or if you suspect mold growth. We are here to help keep your home safe day or night. Whatever it takes to make it, your home safe once more.
Don’t let mold overrun your home, call SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties today at (269) 273-8777. Let us make it, “Like it never even happened.”