Fire Damage to your Colon, Michigan Business
SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to help you regain control quickly!
A fire in your business, regardless of the size, can be overwhelming. You want to regain control quickly to avoid disruptions in your business functions, possibly even closure. Trained in the cleanup and care of your business and equipment, SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties will arrive on site within four hours of loss notification to begin mitigation services, understanding timely response could prevent business closure and revenue loss. Communicating the extent of damage, indicating how the damage may be handled and providing reassurance are just some of the initial steps taken to help begin the restoration process.
SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to help get you back in business. Call us today at (269) 273-8777. We make fire damage “Like it never even happened.”
Structural Cleaning After Fire and Smoke Damage in Burr Oak, Michigan
Before risking doing further damage by attempting to clean up the damage yourself, call SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties!
After a smoke or fire damage, ceilings, walls, woodwork, carpeting and floors will often need a thorough cleaning. Your experienced SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties will pretest to determine the extent of damage, and then use the specific equipment and cleaning products required to clean and protect the different types of surfaces found in your home. Depending on the amount of soot, SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties may even be able to reduce the cost of recovery by cleaning lighter soot deposits found on some surfaces, eliminating the expense incurred with repainting or refinishing. In other cases, our professionals will clean to “prepare for painting”. This process deodorizes and ensures the new paint will adhere properly to the surface.
If your or someone you know has experience a fire or smoke damage, contact SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties at (269)273-8777. We make fire damage “Like it never even happened.”
Winter Storm Preparedness in Cass County
Winter in Michigan can be pretty unpredictable. Like the old saying goes:
“If you don’t like the weather, wait five minutes.”
The National Severe Storms Laboratory categorizes a winter storm as having snow, sleet, or freezing rain. In Michigan, we can see any of this type of precipitation. When the temperature is below and precipitation is in the forecast, that’s when our office knows what types of calls we’ll be getting: water damages.
How Water Pipes Freeze and Break
Water damage during a winter storm happens when your pipes freeze. When water freezes, it expands and creates pressure inside the pipe, which can cause it to break. The pipes that are most likely to freeze are those outside the home that are exposed. Other vulnerable pipes are those indoors that don’t have access to heat, like those under your kitchen cabinets or in the garage.
Indoor Frozen Pipe Prevention
- Before temperatures reach freezing, insulate exposed and vulnerable pipes. You can do this by installing pipe sleeves or even wrapping the pipes with newspaper.
- Close the garage door to prevent cold air from coming in.
- Open kitchen and bathroom cabinets to allow warm air to circulate around the pipes.
- Keep your home heated above 55 degrees Fahrenheit.
Call SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties at (269) 273-8777 for your water restoration needs! We make water damage “Like it never even happened.”
Water Damage Hazards in Edwardsburg, Michigan
Mixing water and electricity creates a potential for disaster, and since electrical hazards exists everywhere on the typical water damage job site, it is important to be aware of what to do. Water that comes into a home or building from either a roof leak or from water pipes in the attic is likely to intrude into the wiring system. Flooding can also pose a threat to your wiring system if the water reaches any ground level outlets.
The first thing to check is the power distribution box. Turning off all circuit breakers at the power distribution panel is the easiest way to protect you, your SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties crew, and the building occupants from electrical shock hazards. If only a portion of the building was affected, then turn off all circuits that provide power to the damaged areas if water has intruded into wall cavities and electrical outlets. Use either a lockout device or tag out device when circuits are turned off to prevent any shock hazards.
If you’re facing a water emergency, call SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties at (269) 273-8777. We make water damage “Like it never even happened.”
Water Heater Maintenance for St. Joseph County, Michigan
Call SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties at (269) 273-8777 with any of your restoration needs!
Leaks within a home or business can cause extensive damage if unnoticed for a long period of time. Leaking water can seep into flooring, carpets, baseboard and walls while moving throughout the structure of the home. Such a leak not only damages your property, it can also interrupt your day-to-day schedule.
Since one out of every ten water incidents in a home is caused by a water heater, below are some tips and tricks to help provide some peace of mind:
- Before doing any maintenance on your water heater, shut off the power at the service panel
- Once every three months, drain one gallon of water from the tank. If you have hard water, do this every month to reduce sediment collecting in the bottom of the tank.
- Once every two years, have your water heater inspected by a service technician.
- Once every five years, have a service technician replace the anode rod.
If you didn’t get to these tips fast enough and have suffered from water damage, call SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties at (269) 273-8777. We make water damage “Like it never even happened.”
Limiting Fire Damage in Mendon, Michigan
What happens in the kitchen, should STAY in the kitchen!
A kitchen fire, regardless of the size, can be overwhelming for you. Understandably, you want to regain control quickly. Trained in the cleanup and care of your home and personal belongings, SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties arrives onsite within four hours of notification to begin mitigation services understanding the need you may feel to maintain a sense of control during a fire damage situation. Communicating the extent of damage, indicating how the damage may be handled and providing reassurance are some of the initial steps taken to help begin the restoration process.
UNTIL HELP ARRIVES
- Limit movement to prevent further damage
- Place clean towels or old linens on carpeted traffic areas to prevent additional soiling
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open
- Clean and protect chrome on kitchen and bathroom faucets and appliances with a light coating of petroleum jelly to prevent corrosion.
When fire damage invades your home, contact SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties at (269) 273-8777. We make fire damage “Like it never even happened.”
Storm Season in Sturgis, Michigan
When mother nature strikes, let SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties strike back!
Severe flooding is one of the most devastating natural disasters for a home or business owner because of the level of destruction it creates. Not only do floods destroy property, they bring contaminants into the home, making it unsafe and unlivable until properly inspected and cleaned.
Heavy rains can be potentially harmful to your homes structure. Once the ground is completely saturated, the water that is not absorbed has nowhere to go, forcing it to invade your home. Water seeps into the walls and foundation of the home causing significant damage, and if left untreated can lead to mold growth. Quick reaction time is crucial in these devastating events.
SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties is trained and equipped for these natural disasters and is available 24/7. Call us today at (269) 273-8777 if your home has suffered storm damages. Our goal is to make it “Like it never even happened.”
Leave the Hassle of Boarding up Your Three Rivers, MI Home to the Professionals
Why take the risk? Let SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties do the work!
Boarding up damaged property is a burden that no one should ever have to go through – especially if it is your property that has been damaged.
Boarding up damaged property incorrectly could cause secondary damages such as moisture, animal intrusion or even outsiders intruding, making the situation even worse. Not to mention boarding up after damage has occurred can be as dangerous as the damage itself. It is important to have the correct training and materials for the job to avoid further damage.
SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties can board up the damaged property, mitigate and restore the original damage, providing you with peace of mind while helping to make it “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at (269) 273-8777.
Maintaining Your Sump Pump in Edwardsburg, Michigan
Keep your basement dry this spring with the proper maintenance!
The arrival of spring often signals lots of melting snow and heavy rainfall. If you have a damp basement or live in an area prone to flooding, you know that dealing with water damage can be a homeowner’s worst nightmare. If your home has a wet basement, you’re not alone. The American Society of Home Inspectors estimates that more than 60 percent of homes have issues with water in the basement. A sump pump can be an effective option for preventing water damage.
Installed in a pit in the basement, these units sense when the water from rain or snow melt is rising in the pit and approaching the floor level. The incoming water is then pumped outside before it can damage the home or its furnishings. Sump pumps are relatively low-maintenance devices, but you can help keep your unit operational by inspecting it regularly. Steps in a regular maintenance program can include:
- Check the discharge line to make sure it is not stopped up or frozen. If necessary, unclog the air vent hole in the line.
- Check the inlet screen to ensure that it’s not clogged with any residue or debris.
- Making sure the float component is unobstructed and can move smoothly.
- Scan the pit and remove any visible debris, mud, or stones.
- Test the pump by slowly pouring a bucket of water into the pit. The float should rise with the water level, triggering the unit to start pumping. If pumping doesn’t begin, check to see that the unit is plugged in. Your float switch or check valve may also be at fault.
- Go outside to see that water is discharging and flowing where it’s supposed to go – well away from your home.
If the water is still too much for your sump pump to handle, Call SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties at (269) 273-8777. We make water damage “Like it never even happened.”
Biohazard and sewage emergency tips for Cassopolis, Michigan
Your safety is our priority! Call SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties today at (269) 273-8777.
Biohazard contaminants should be considered very dangerous as they can pose a serious health risk. Sewer backups and flood water are two common biohazard scenarios that can affect homes and businesses. SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties has the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to safely clean and restore this type of contamination.
After any biohazard or sewage contamination in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences.
- Flood water can contain sewage, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
Biohazards like flood water or sewer backups should be considered an emergency and should be dealt with as quickly as possible. SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties professionals are water damage restoration specialists and have specific training and expertise to safely remediate biohazard contaminants.
Need Biohazard Cleanup?
Call Us Today at (269) 273-8777