Broken Water Pipe in Your Vandalia, MI Home
When the kitchen sink water pipe breaks and leaks all day, you may come home to a kitchen full of water and water damage where you can’t see. SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties will be there quickly to assess the damages and begin mitigation services. We have some recommendations of what to do and what not to do in the instance that there is standing clean water in your home:
- Shut off the source of water if possible or contact a qualified party to stop the water source.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of your home, ONLY if access to the power distribution panel is safe from electrical shock.
- Enter rooms with standing water where electrical shock hazards may exist.
- Enter affected areas if electrical outlets, switches, circuit breakers or electrical equipment are exposed to water. Always avoid electrical shock hazards.
- Use your household vacuum cleaner to attempt to remove water, as it could possibly cause electrical shock or damage to the vacuum cleaner.
Be sure to call SERVPRO of Cass and St. Joseph Counties after the leak has been stopped. We’ll help make the water damage “Like it never even happened.”