Don’t Let Your Sturgis, MI Holiday Feast Go Up In Flames
The holiday season is fast approaching and before you know it, the kitchen will be chaos. The holiday season is often celebrated with baked goods, stovetop indulgences, and maybe even a deep fried turkey. Often times, your making several dishes at once. It can be all too easy to forget or miss something potentially harmful. Here at SERVPRO of Cass & St. Joseph Counties, we see it all too often. Deep fried turkey gone wrong, missed towel on the stove, oven malfunctions, you name it we’ve seen it.
Here are some tips to keep your Sturgis, MI home safe during this celebration season:
- Always stay aware of your surroundings. We know your kitchen can get hectic, but staying alert can keep holiday mishaps at bay.
- Keep long hair tied back and avoid loose clothing during cooking.
- Never leave cooking station unattended. It may only take turning your back for a minute for a fire to occur.
- Be cautious when cooking greasy foods. Be sure to use fresh oil and to have the heat turned down.
- Never EVER put metal in the microwave.
In the unfortunate circumstance that your home falls victim to one of these catastrophes, call SERVPRO of Cass & St. Joseph Counties immediately. We may be reached at (269) 273-8777, day or night, even on holidays. Don’t hesitate to call!